torsdag 24. september 2009

"The Shawshank Redemption" A-Seen-Before



And here I am, posting the review for what I feel is the greatest motion picture ever made by man - on the night before my twentieth birthday. Ladies and gentleman, it will be a tradition from now on to see this movie every 25th of September - 'cause it does nothing else than give me a big smile and a warm feeling every time - and it just never gets old.

Yes, my love for "The Shawshank Redemption" is as essential as my love for film itself. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of favorites - but somewhere down the road they just came and made this movie perfect in my eyes - the subtle details that I love, the plot that unravels suddenly and unpredictably in the end, characters you love or hate and certainly never forget - and based upon a short story written by one of the biggest litterateur masterminds of our day, Stephen King himself. Now, how can it get any better than that?

"The Shawshank Redemption" starts with successful banker Andrew Dufresne (Tim Robbins) who suddenly gets sentenced to life in prison for killing his wife and her lover - and introduces Ellis "Red" Redding (Morgan Freeman) who's spent 20 years of a life sentence in Shawshank Penitentiary when he's denied parole for the second time. As their paths cross, they form an indestructible friendship, and as time progresses, it ages them both in every way a prison can and will age a man - before it eventually brakes you down and you end up an old and institutionalized being whose soul is defined in the walls you've grown accustomed to.

"The Shawshank Redemption" doesn't just have morale - it displays unity, friendship, corruption and cruelty -but most importantly it displays the human nature and the human hope - and the power it can bring.

that and a big god damn poster.


Sincerely
JanaMart

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar