onsdag 9. september 2009

"A Tale of Two Sisters"



A horror film with an original twist

Now, I'm not a big fan of the horror genre, but I can still have an eye for quality and even a desire to see these kinds of movies - if I can see a hint of hope and a touch of quality.

The other day my best friend introduced me to a Korean horror movie, and to be honest I was skeptical. Some of the perks of working in a movie theater is the fact that I can watch DVD's there after closing time all by myself. So me and my friend embarked into the cinema darkness and I was pleasantly surprised!

The movie presents a very dark situation for two sisters, in which their father has moved on and found a new woman after their mother's death. But the dispute between an unsympathetic authority figure and grieving girl isn't the only thing that stirs things up - when everyone in the house are hunted by a girl who seems out for vengeance things starts to unravel, and not just one plot - but several - are revealed.

Now, as I said, the movie surprised me, and brought me much more entertainment than I thought it would. There were certain points when I wanted to reach for the fast-forward button, but again - no horror movie is perfect.

It also had an interesting structure and a very surprising end - unpredictable to the last few minutes. It was topped off with rather talented acting, which leads me to conclude with a strong 4-popcorn score!

Sincerely
JanaMart

3 kommentarer:

  1. I told you it was good <3 o3o oh oh! we should clash together with Linda and Thor and watch Oldboy or Sympathy Lady Vengeance <3 Even tho I would love to see Sympathy for Mister Vengeance as it's the first in the trilogy. However they're not connected.

    SvarSlett